May 2017 Luncheon Minutes
- 21 members were present, plus the guest speaker.
- Ed Porada began our meeting by introducing our guest speaker Leonard Laplaca. We began this month’s meeting with our guest speaker’s presentation. Leonard is a motivational speaker who was a school teacher for most of his life. He spoke stories to us and had the group do activities with him. He left everyone with a project to do. He asked that everyone in attendance please write a letter critiquing his presentation and return the letter to him. He also had books for sale for anyone to purchase. Leonard also became one of our newest members.
- Missy went over some things of importance. The business cards were handed out to anyone who wanted to make sure that they got to new businesses and hopefully some new members! Missy was also going to check up on the seminar for the active shooter presentation. Lynn addressed that we need to be more conscious of how much money we are donating to each organization asking for donations. Our account seems to be lower than it usually is. We all decided to keep voting for each organization’s donation amount separately when a donation is needed.
- Each member present introduced themselves.
- 50/50 winner was Missy Grose
- Next month’s lunch is at Bella Sicilia and our guest speaker will be Mike Artim who is the CEO of Cambria County Chamber of Commerce.
- Free Lunch, Becky Zips
- Motion to end, Melinda Novak and Becky Zips