July 2018 Minutes
This month’s meeting was held on July 19, 2018 at noon. Our Vice President, Ed Porada, introduced the officers and thanked Flair of Country for hosting us. There were 22 people in attendance.
Melissa Grose and Sue Henry approved the June meeting minutes.
Our current treasurer’s report showed $4,029.00 in the account.
- The referral cards were handed out to members present.
- Toys/donations were collected for Beginnings Inc. If members forgot to bring to this meeting, they can bring next month.
- Melinda Novak took a box of chocolate covered strawberries and a free lunch card to $2.49 Bake Shop to congratulate them and see if they would be interested in joining our association. She will be doing that for any new business that comes to the East Hills area.
- There were a couple new people in attendance at this month’s meeting and they were introduced at the end of the meeting
- St. Vincent de Paul Johnstown Family Kitchen Annual Duck Race – Motion to sponsor Melissa Grose for $50.00 made by Larry Crespo, second by John Riccilli
- Saturday’s Kitchen – Motion to donate $50.00 made by Melissa Grose, second by Kurt Weidlein
- YWCA Golf Outing – EHBA already sent a donation of $50.00 in May
Our guest speakers this month were Mike Kane and Katrina Perkosky from the Community Foundation for the Alleghenies. They spoke about their organization as well as how to start a scholarship fund. They also answered questions from the membership and passed out informational materials.
Next month’s meeting will be on August 16, 2018 at Noon, Flair of Country. The speaker will be a Funeral Director from the Frank Duca Funeral Home, Inc.